Thursday, September 29, 2011

17

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason.  We are led to those who help us most to grow if we let them and we help them in return.  I don't know if I believe its true, but I know I am who I am today because I knew you. -Wicked

I realize I've already done a shout out to my college girls, but there are some individuals from college who specifically will be mentioned.  Today is one of the greatest human beings I have ever met.

Sarah and I lived down the hallway from one another when we moved into college in the fall of 2000.  We didn't get to know each other right away--she hung out with a girl I couldn't stand who stole everybody's food all the time.  I quickly found out that Sarah was just too nice to tell that girl to get lost, and somehow, Sarah and I started kicking it.  She and I have laughed endless laughs and shed tears together.  She woke my rear end up every single day my junior year to make sure I got to Biology 101 when I slept through my alarm.  We would rollerblade on the Waverly Rail Trail and laugh at her inability to tell the difference between a cow and a horse.  She came out to visit me in March of 2010 and we got to road trip around the Outer Banks, NC--and this all after she was stuck in airports for 36 hours due to a storm that came through.  Sarah has always been a giver, taking care of those around her and in the past several years going on Mission Navajo, a trip organized through her church in which she goes to help out on a Native American reservation.  Sarah is one of the most dependendable people I've ever met and I know how lucky I am to have her in my life.

I'll be staying at Camp Sarah Louise during my marathon weekend.  It will be the first time we've seen each other since March 2010 (minus the 10 minute stop at the Albert Lea truck stop at Christmas last year) and I am beyond excited to hug that girl!!

Lou, every one of us who has become your friend knows how incredibly lucky we are to have you in our lives.  :) 

No comments: