Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Short & Sweet

Be not afraid of growing slowly; be afraid only of standing still. -Chinese Proverb

As I subjected you guys all to a rather lengthy post yesterday, I will keep it short and sweet today.  You are welcome!
"The Great Damien"
As a brief update to the knee report, I spent $40 and an hour yesterday at the chiropractor.  For any locals who have ANY injury going on, I highly recommend my guy, Dr. Damien Rudolfo at Healing Hands Chiropractic.  I'm evidence to the fact that his hands are healing!  I started with him on July 1 when my back hurt so bad that I couldn't go to yoga or pilates, and had to sit out of several of the tracks at my power/weights class because I couldn't bend, put weight on my left side--moving was a chore!  He's since helped me resolve that situation and focus on the problems that led to the back--my gait when I walk/run.  I call him every time I have any pain when running and he sorts me out.  I have been to chiropractors before, but his Active Release Techniques (ART) approach allows for the adjustments to hold longer, the soft tissue to be addressed, and in the end--progress to be made!!  He sent me home with tape on my knee, 3 exercises to do daily this week, an appointment on Friday before I do my 22 mile run so he can tape me and do any "tune up adjustments," and an assignment to go out and run.  Last night, I did 4 miles before it got dark, and 5 miles early this morning--pain free!!

I have had several friends approach me lately saying that they were working hard on whatever goal they had identified and felt like they'd "fallen off the horse."  My response--WE ALL DO and tomorrow is a brand new day.  The worst thing is to do nothing.  So having been to the chiropractor weekly since July 1, I can attest to the fact that change takes time (my gait is still not perfect or I wouldn't need to keep going in!!), and only slow and gradual changes are those that will last.

And for those who have not heard of it, tonight is the season premier of the show Parenthood.  It is honestly one of the best shows I've seen on TV--a little humor, a little drama, and all of it reality that we can related to.  I hope everybody tunes in--I've been counting down to this day since May!!

Have a good one, my friends!!

No comments: