Thursday, September 29, 2011

18

Someday I'll find a way to show you just how lucky I am to know you. -Faith Hill

Labor Day weekend of 2000, I stepped foot into a state, into a city, and onto a campus where I did not know a single other soul. After 4 years at good ol' Wartburg College (U rah rah rah), I walked away with the most amazing friends that had become more like sisters and less like friends. Though I live over a thousand miles away from each and every one of them, and some I haven't spoken to since Rebecca's wedding, I still am thankful every single day for them. They are now spread out throughout the Midwest (IA, NE, KS) and the world (Spain!), but I know that if I ever needed a thing from any single one of them, they would be here in the blink of an eye. I will get to see a few of them when I'm back for the race--I wish I could see them all. For my Vollmer Ground/Res 107/Res 204 girls, and to those who let me pretend I was Knights Villager, thanks for the years of companionship, filled with:

Singing with brushes & curling irons
Eucharist on Wednesday nights
Stealing bagels from the caf
Road trips to anywhere under the sun
Scary movie nights
Waking me up in time for class
Singing Sisqo & Kelis
Midnight breakfasts (those were so fun!)
Guitar jam sessions
You've got Mail
Bring it On
Big Bootie
Quote wall

And so much more.

Love you always, girls!!






2 comments:

lrl said...

you done make a gurl cry. love you.

La said...

:) Love you, Ly