Monday, July 11, 2011

Motivation 101, Part 2

You have brains in your head.  You have feet in your shoes.  You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  You're on your own. And you know what you know.  And YOU are the guy who'll decide where to go. -Dr. Suess

The return of Motivation Mondays, my friends!  I didn't get many responses about last week's questions, but I have gotten compliments from various readers out there.  For those who are reading and choosing not to respond, I appreciate your silent support.  This blog is only able to be interactive, however, if others interact, so PLEASE take some time to respond.  I also would like some feedback from others about topics you'd like to hear about.  It helps to give me some direction.
You are driving and you have all the equipment you need.
Last week, I asked you all to start creating a vivid image in your mind about your goals.  Have you done that?  And have you used it throughout the week to keep you motivated? 

This week, I'm going to expand a little bit on the Jillian Michaels' book I referenced last week.  If you haven't picked it up, get your butt out and do it--its amazing.  One of the concepts she talks about in there is called an "vision board."  Basically, it is creating a bulletin board or picture frame full of inspiration--whether it is pictures of people, quotes, or reminders of your goals (i.e. if your goal is to buy a car, you might put a picture of the car in there). 

We are going to take it one step further, my friends--and why, you ask?  Because we are not afraid to do so!!

The truth is that motivation comes from within ourselves.  You have EVERYTHING YOU NEED to reach your goal.  For myself, my goal was to lose weight.  I often felt it was impossible to do, but it wasn't.  I had everything I needed--arms, legs, heart and a brain.  I needed to tap into the strength within myself to make it happen, and I know you can, too. 
The direction you chose is based upon
the road map you create for yourself.
As we look at Motivation Monday, part 2, I want you to start recognizing where you can create inspiration in your life--and where you need it.  I have all of my rooms decorated with inspirational quotes because I LOVE them (which is why I start each blog with one!).  In my car, I have some notes and pictures of people who mean a lot to me (I spend a lot of time in my car for work, so it can become a second home).  I realized, recently, though, that an area of weakness of mine was the kitchen--I often find myself snacking in there.  The solution?  Inspiration.  I'd already done the obvious things--gotten rid of the potato chips & ice cream, but I can snack all day on fruits.  So I picked up some magnets and have since covered my fridge with inspiration--pictures of family & friends, quotes, postcards, just reminders of the strength & support I have. 

So take some time to create some inspiration this week.  Put it anywhere you can--on the fridge, in your car, on your phone screensaver, on your keychain, in your wallet, on your walls, on your mirror--anywhere you can.  Please post on here what you did--what it was and where you posted it--and if you are able to, comment with a picture (is that possible?) or email them to me at laura_anne_82@hotmail.com so I can feature some next week!!

Well done, my friends--I am excited we are continuing this journey together. 

No comments: