Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude

If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share. –W. Clement Stone.
 
Happy Tuesday, my blog readers! I woke up today feeling creative and feeling a sense of gratitude, and as a result, have decided to impose this upon you for today’s topic.
I am thankful for my girls that did
hill repeats with me this weekend!
As I continue to find myself reeling from the excitement of last weekend’s trip, spending time with some new & old friends, and just continuing to recognizing how inexplicably happy I am in life, I find myself needing to express this to others. Yes, I can write about it all over the blogosphere, but if I don’t express it to the people directly who have helped to create this passion within me, it seems rather useless.

Think about a time in your life that somebody told you thank you, or told you how important you are to them. I know that simple words can say much more than just “thank you,” they can forever live in your heart. Is there someone recently who has touched you, has moved you, has left you feeling more powerful than you did? How did you respond to this?

Today, I invite you all to express your gratitude to somebody. This can be in any form—whatever speaks to you. Maybe it is face to face. Or maybe a text, or an email. Maybe you prefer the old fashioned snail mail (who doesn’t love getting mail?). Maybe you take it to a whole new level and take this friend out for coffee or create a gift. Whatever it is, express it. Tell someone how much they mean to you.

Take some time to think about all
you have to be greatful for today.
My guess is that when you do this, you will find yourself creating your own inertia to continue moving forward and feeling good about yourself. 

Sound off and let me know how your attitude of gratitude impacted yourself and others.

I’m still taking submissions for S U P E R S T A R Saturday, so please email them to me at laura_anne_82@hotmail.com .

In case you were not aware, I am thankful for each and every one of you that takes the time to look at this blog and spends even a moment reflecting about how you can work to change the world and change yourself, one single step at a time. You all give me the fuel to keep on going, keep on running, and keep on blogging!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been out of town for a few days...no computer...grateful for no technological connections. However, behind on all of your blog posts. I'll catch up. Fun to read and thought provoking.
So, I have a question for you...
Is it possible to make the font a tad bigger. I'm getting old and cannot see so well. Also, I can never remember where I put my glasses. Again, I'm getting old. I love the format of the blog, content is superb, and I love seeing pics of your smiling face. Thanks for keeping up with this. I'll comment on the content later, after I take time to read and enjoy. Peace!
ABC

La said...

Ask and you shall receive, ABC! I will make it happen. I hope you had a good time living without the WWW and appreciated the "unplugged" life. :) Welcome back!