Saturday, October 15, 2011

4

"I get by with a little help from my friends. -The Beatles

Throughout the past months of blogging, I have mentioned on several occasions how critical having a workout buddy has been for me. Mile 5 shout out goes out to all the friends I have made working out, and those friends who have spend time with me while working out. There have been friends who have gone running with me (hill repeats at Smith Mountain Lake, Military Park, jogging around France, Owl’s Roost Trail and Tippecanoe Trail in the 262) and those who have joined me at the gym (Centergy, Zumba, Power, Yoga and Spin). There have been friends who I have made while at the gym, or those whom I have chatted with while at a race or on the trails. There are friends I have made while dripping with sweat and out of breath, working hard to “get ripped.” And there are those who have joined me for a race (Run for the Haw, Charlotte 1/2 Marathon, Autism Walk, and this weekend, the Des Moines Marathon) or competition just to be a good support. Mile 5 is for every single workout buddy I have made and everyone of those working out around me, helping to encourage me and hold me accountable. This is also a shout out for those workout buddies who live far away and have been working out with me from afar. Nicole, Funny & ABC, I specifically thank you for all your help, encouragement & advice you’ve offered all along! I hope many more of you will join me in the future for a race or a class!!

No comments: