Sunday, October 16, 2011

2

Have a little faith and a little anti-inflammatories and you'll be just fine. -Dr. Damien.

Since July 1, 2011, I have spent an hour every week with a man that changed my life.  He's tall, dark, handsome and even has a bit of an accent.  Every girl's dream, right?  Sorry ladies--he's taken.  But it hasn't stopped our weekly dates!  Um, I mean, appointments.

Dr. Damien Rudolfo is a Chiropractor in Greensboro.  He is trained in Active Release Techniques.  I can't tell you much of the scientific end of this, but I can tell you it involved soft tissue work, a significant amount of pain (while its being treated) and an amazing relief (after the treatment).  He's got a sweet secretary, Victoria, who has joined me for a couple Zumba classes and is now hooked.  He's also got a "wing man," Matt, who is in school right now so that he can become like "The Great Damien." 

While this all sounds rather like an infomercial, I am writing this because I can say, in all honesty, that I would not be where I'm at in my marathon training today if it weren't for this amazing crew.  I have spent many hours with them, at this point, and am making sure I'm getting the most out of my insurance this year.  When I'm in pain and I call, they have me in within hours.  When I'm scared about the upcoming marathon, they give me all the confidence I need.  And when I'm catching a plane in an hour, they send me to the Midwest adjusted & prepared. 

Doc, Matthew, Victoria--you guys are all lifesavers and have given me the strength and brought me less pain so that I can hit the ground running in the morning--for all 26.2 miles.  And the 2nd mile goes to you, my friends. 

Victoria, The Doc, La, Matt
For those who are in Triad area and are thinking about the back/leg/neck/shoulder/anything pain you've got going on, go check out my friends at Healing Hands Chiropractic.  Tell them I sent you--it won't save you any money but it makes me sound cooler.

No comments: