Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Baltimore-day 2

It is through doing that an individual comes to know the potential and limitations of self and the environment and achieves a sense of competent and intrinsic worth. ~Gail Fidler

After a 36 day wait, an 8.5 hour drive and about a million tears, prayers and hopes--we finally have arrived.  It is such a bittersweet state to be in:  Relief for the help that has finally arrived.  Sadness for the temporary separation.  Hurt about the past.  Hope for the future. 

So many friends have been so wonderful to me.  Those of you who know the meaning of "Outfly."  Those who have taken my 2 AM sobbing calls and have lent out your shoulders, ears, sofas, and lunch money.  Those of you who have hiked to the top of a mountain and a waterfall in a day.  Those who have no idea what I'm talking about and still keep us in your thoughts and prayers.  Those who have helped with baby-sitting duties--for the young or the old.  Those who have sat with me on the sofa as I cry in desperation.  Those of you who have helped out covering at work and haven't fired me for my absences.  Those who are a part of the "Drizzo Tizzo" (Dream Team, for those of you who don't speak ghetto).  Those who have sent cards, emails, letters, texts, phone calls, and words of wisdom. 

I don't know how long we will be this many miles apart.  But I promise that no matter how many miles between us, our hearts are forever bonded.  And since I'm holding the children hostage, she has to come home, right?  :) 

Tonight:  A long drive back to a home where I will feel disconnected--as if a part of me is missing--because it is missing--but I will put faith in the fact that things are working in the direction they need to and that healing can take place--for us all--and we can not only be the Drizzo Tizzo, but also we can be a family again.

I miss you, my Love.  Take your time--and see you soon.

XO, La

No comments: