Monday, August 13, 2012

I've heard it said that people come into our lives for a reason bringing something we must learn and we are led to those who help us most to grow. ~ Wicked, the musical

I would never have imagined that I could finally have 8 hours of sleep in a single night without being chemically inspired to do so. I have now done it two nights consecutively. And I can tell my body is much happier with me, as a result.

I have truly discovered many things this week: I am stronger than I ever knew. That when we are our weakest, we are truly our strongest. The meaning of true friends: the ones who don't ask, don't blame, and stand with you no matter what. That self-care is difficult for me but not impossible. And that while things sometimes have to get worse before they get better, they will get better.

I truly appreciate all the love, listening, hugs, prayers, and genuine people who have supported me and my choices throughout this week. I can't control what is coming but I finally feel like I control myself again and I know I can manage any of the weather I may yet encounter.

Xoxo, La

No comments: